Hospitalist Jobs in Memphis
Wednesday · September 27, 2023
1 Job in The Home of the Blues
Photo: Photo at dusk of the Mississippi River bridge entering Memphis.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent job opening (Memphis) is for an academic medical center.
- Fresh air, sunny days, quick commutes and friendly people - what more could you want in a hometown.
- Advocate for and support of all existing standardized Cogent HMG processes, tools, services.
- Facilitate 2-way dialogue with staff hospitalists to promote physician involvement in program planning, policy development and other activities.
- More than half the doctors in Tennessee receive all or some of their training at Regional Medical Center through its affiliation with the University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
- Memphis the second largest metropolitan area in Tennessee, surpassed only by metropolitan Nashville.
- Regional Medica l Center at Memphis is an academic medical center and one of the largest medical and surgical teaching sites for the University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
- Memphis, Tennessee is a very special place, with legendary character, that is undoubtedly the reason that "Memphis" is mentioned in more song lyrics than any other place on earth.
- The Academic Program Medical Director position is critical to the success of our Hospitalist program within the hospital, and functions as the clinical leader of the program sharing overall program leadership with the Cogent HMG team.
- Serve in a partnership role with the Cogent HMG Program Manager in all areas of program management including (but not limited to) marketing, staffing, HR issues, budget, clinical performance, strategic planning, academic services provided, and recruitment.
- Bonus Opportunity.
- Orientation and training of new physicians.
- In addition to its notable Centers of Excellence, the system provides an array of primary and specialty care services through its Health Loop and outpatient services.
- 401k with Company Match.
- Competitive Compensation.
- Medical Malpractice and Tail Coverage.
- Enhanced Leadership Development and Training through Cogent Academy, our National Mentoring Program instructed by our widely recognized industry leaders.
- Champion for change management and implementation of required expectations within the program.
- Since its founding, Memphis has been home to persons of many different faiths.
- Cogent HMG is seeking a full-time Academic Program Medical Director (PMD) to join its Hospitalist team in Memphis, Tennessee at the Regional Medical Center at Memphis.
- Opportunities for Advancement.
- Cogent HMG is the nation's largest private hospitalist company, and is focused on relentlessly improving efficiency and quality of inpatient care, by supporting our hospitalists with technology and operational infrastructure, a coordinated clinical care team, data-driven processes, rigorous ongoing training and experienced leadership.
- Memphis has four distinct seasons to enjoy.
- Regional Medical Center is a comprehensive healthcare delivery system anchored by highly respected Centers of Excellence including trauma, burn, neonatal intensive care and high-risk obstetrics.
- Relationship management with key academic, clinical and administrative stakeholders at the hospital.
- Define and manage service agreements and scope of practice of direct admissions, perioperative and consultative care, ED consultations, ICU management.
- Regional Medical Center at Memphis is a regional healthcare resource providing accessible, efficient, quality healthcare for individuals throughout a 5-state region within 150 miles of Memphis.
- Stipend Available.
- Enthusiasm for Medical Education & Quality Improvement.
- Define and manage work allocation and work flow policies and processes of program clinical and physician staff.
- Memphis is the youngest of Tennessee's major cities.
- CME and Relocation Allowance.
- Program Medical Director Essential Functions &.
- Memphis is ideally located for commerce in the transportation and shipping industry and is home to several fortune 500 companies.
- Responsible for the academic leadership within the Hospitalist program and interaction and teaching of Internal Medicine Residents.
- Memphis offers much regarding cultural events throughout the year.
- Together, the Academic Program Medical Director and the Hospitalist team are responsible for the performance of the program and its specific goals.
- Performance Management of Hospitalists.
This perm job from Sound Physicians was last open on Jan 2.